Name Change Document Preparation


Do you need a name change? Many people do. If you want to change your own name, your child’s name or restore your former name after a divorce, our team can help with your name change. We assist with civil name changes and restoral of former names through the civil and family law courts.

The most common type of name change we are asked to help with is for a minor child. For various reasons, the parent with custody desires their family name to be given to the child. Even when the non-custodial parent can’t be found, we help with all the documents and the legal steps required so this is successfully & legally accomplished. If the child was born in California, we will guide you to amend the birth certificate reflecting the name change.
Adults frequently need to legally change their names. When least expected, serious consequences arise when people use different names on different legal documents. For example, using a middle name or nick name as a first name or an inadvertent name change made during the immigration process can cause delays in important matters such as obtaining a license or collecting social security. We’ve seen many situations where an important process comes to a sudden halt because of this. But sometimes, adults just want a different name altogether. We help with that too.
It’s common for a wife to forget to request her former name in a divorce. If you are legally divorced, it’s not too late to change your name. Let us know if you need our assistance.

 Name Changes – The Process

Unless the restoral of a former name in a divorce case is requested, name changes are handled in civil court. When the petition for a name change is filed, a court hearing will be set, which will take place in about 6 weeks. A legal notice will have to be published in a local newspaper once a week for 4 weeks. Proof of the publication must be filed at the court before a name change is granted. It is very important that the publication is started right away to be sure that the court’s requirements have been met prior to the hearing. This is required for children and adults.

We Process Name Changes Accurately

Name Change documents have to be perfect. Our team has been processing civil and family law name changes since 1996 with a 100% success rate. This means that everyone who hired us to  prepare their name change, got a court order for their name change without delay. Attention to detail, professional and personal service make us your choice for name changes. Our team is familiar with the documents and the process for name changes. This means that we can have your documents ready SAME DAY. Once filed at the court, your name change hearing is usually 6 weeks away. Family law name changes take even less time. Start your name change Now to have your order soon. Don’t hesitate and call us today.

We’re The Better Choice For Your Name Change

We are bonded and registered as required by California Business & Professions Code §6400. We have been preparing name change documents since 1996. Our flat fees are clear and up front. You will never experience surprise costs with us. Most of our clients comes to us through referrals from our thousands of satisfied clients.

The Best Choice for Name Change Preparation

  • Bonded and registered as required by California Business & Professions Code §6400
  • We Have been preparing Name Changes since 1996
  • Most of our business comes to us through referrals from our satisfied clients
  • Flat fee & clear upfront pricing mean no surprises
  • Same & Next Day Appointments Available
  • More 5 Star Reviews Than Any Other in the Local Industry

What Our Clients Say

What I received in professionalism and human kindness I would have gladly paid twice the amount I paid for Annette and her staff’s Services.
V. Murray, Highland, CA

Annette, Thanks so much for all the direction provided… You’ve been a godsend, and we’ll be forever grateful. With great appreciation
D &B Palmer, Riverside, CA

View All Our Testimonials Here

view our contact form & phone numbers

Have More Questions?

We are happy to answer your questions regarding any of our services.

view our contact form & phone numbersYou can use our confidential contact form or call us anytime during normal business hours.