If a formal claim has been placed on a member’s CalPERS account in anticipation of a community property award for a family law case it must be formally removed. It most commonly happens when a judgment is filed that divides an account or when the case is dismissed. Below is a general list of ways to remove a claim on a CalPERS account.

Request for Dismissal: If a member’s CalPERS account has a claim resulting from a filed and served Joinder but a judgment has not been filed, CalPERS requires a “Request for Dismissal”. Judicial Counsel form CIV-110 is commonly used […]