In the event that a CalPERS account has had a hold placed on it by way of a Joinder, CalPERS requires a “Request for Dismissal”, which is commonly done with California Court form CIV-110.

The form is signed by the party who requested the Joinder or their attorney. Upon the court receiving it, the court clerk can sometimes dismiss the action without the judge’s approval. A copy of the filed dismissal is provided to CalPERS so they will then release the claim on the CalPERS member’s account.

If a community property claim was placed as a result of some method other than […]